Sunday 6 January 2013

Eat, Play & Drive with Nissan Almera

I've been wanting to buy a car and there are a few cars that catches my eyes lately. One of it is the Nissan Almera due to the technologies that they packed in this affordable car. And to my surprise, I got to test drive this car from K.L to Malacca for a Food Hunt event thanks to Hui Ping :)


The Food Hunt event was called 'Eat, Play and Drive with Nissan' where we get to drive in the all new Nissan Almera in a group of 3 to 4 person per car. There was a total of 5 Nissan Almera for us and 5 other Nissan cars (Teana, Sylphy, Latio and X-Trails) to lead the way and make sure we are all being taken care of.

Reached too early so camwhore first :p
Reached too early so camwhore first :p

Me and my girlfriend reached there too early and thus decided to sit in the car for a while. We of cos camwhore while waiting. When the time was almost up, we were spotted by the organizer that was expecting us. So, we got out of the car and greeted them. We then register ourselves and claim our goodies and a Nissan Almera t-shirt that we will be wearing for the event.

After we got changed, we were being served with breakfast. It was great as I was really hungry too hehe. However, after the breakfast, we still haven't start the journey and I already can't wait to test the car out. So, I ended up trying the display car instead :p

Can't wait for it to start so test the display car firs
Can't wait for it to start so test the display car first

Outside, you can see all the cars lining up waiting for us. After a short briefing, we were being told which car we'll be in and who will be in the same car with us. We were in Car 3 which was a Nissan Almera Impul (Great!). And in the same car as me and my girlfriend was Sam. Nice meeting you Sam!

Our cars lining up and waiting for us
Our cars lining up and waiting for us

This is the car that I'm in with Sam and Charmaine
This is the car that I'm in with Sam and Charmaine

Sam got to drive it first and we set off after being flagged off by the Senior General Manager of Wilayah & Southern Region, Mr.Alex Tan. I was really excited as there are a total of 10 Nissan cars all in one lane, cruising along the highway. You can see everyone's curious faces as we passed by their cars (err more like as they passed by our cars as we were driving quite slow due to too many cars).

Excited Charmaine *hehe*
Excited Charmaine *hehe*

Our first stop was at the R&R Seremban for toilet break and petrol. We took some pictures with the car but the spotlight wasn't on the car there as one of the girls climbed into the trunk of one of the Nissan Almera to show us how spacious the trunk really is. It was surprisingly spacious and everyone started taking pictures of the scene.

Surprisingly more. Pretty girl in the trunk!
Surprisingly more. Pretty girl in the trunk!

Everyone taking picture of the pretty girl in the trunk
Everyone taking picture of the pretty girl in the trunk

After the small break at R&R Seremban, it's my turn to drive!!! I drove all the way from Seremban to our first food stop which was Aunty Koh Cendol. And I just wanted to say that Aunty Koh's cendol IS THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD! Even better than the one I had in Penang :)


Aunty Koh Cendol is the BEST!!!
Aunty Koh Cendol is the BEST!!!

The place was already filled with people when we reached there but it was even more packed when we entered. Aunty Koh was then busy preparing our Cendol and Tai Bak. ven some of her regular customer started helping her out in preparing for us.

Aunty Koh preparing our Cendol
Aunty Koh preparing our Cendol

This is the famous cendol and I can tell you that it tasted absolutely amazing. It was very creamy and refreshing. The best cendol I've tasted so far.

Aunty Koh's Cendol
Aunty Koh's Cendol

The Tai Bak on the other hand wasn't really my 'bowl of cendol' as it was a bit less sweet compared to the cendol. But to those who prefer something less sweet, the Tai Bak is definitely a must try.

Aunty Koh's Tai Bak
Aunty Koh's Tai Bak

Address:
Aunty Koh’s Cendol
No. 5113, Jalan Batang Tiga,
Kampung Bukit Rambai.
75250, Melaka
GPS coordinate: 2.246583, 102.191867

After the starter (Cendol), it's time for our main course. We then had our lunch at Peranakan Restaurant located at Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock. There I had my first Buah Keluak. It was a black colored thingy and the taste is too weird to be enjoyed :p. The Sambal Bendih was really special too and is one of their special dish. A really must try I would say cos I love it.

Kangkung Belacan
Kangkung Belacan

Ayam Buah Keluak
Ayam Buah Keluak

Ikan Tenggiri Asam Pedas
Ikan Tenggiri Asam Pedas

Udang Lemak Nanas
Udang Lemak Nanas

Sambal Bendih
Sambal Bendih

Fo Yong Tan
Fo Yong Tan

Taufo Peranakan
Taufo Peranakan

Address:
Peranakan Restaurant
107, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock,
75200, Melaka.
GPS coordinate2.196017, 102.245350

After our main, we went for our dessert at Nadeje Cake House. It was famous for its Mille Crepes. They have a variety of flavours there and we chosen the Original, Chocolate, Green Tea and Strawberry flavours. All of them are nice but I am already too full for dessert thanks to the nice lunch at the Peranakan Restaurant so I only had a few bites from each of the flavours.

Famous Mille Crepes
Famous Mille Crepes

Address:
Nadeje Cake House
G-23 & 25, Jalan PM4,
Plaza Mahkota,
75000, Melaka.
GPS coordinate2.189539, 102.246419

After that, we went for a drink. The famous Coconut Shake. At first I thought it was just a small stall by the road side but I'm truly surprised when we've reached as it was a very big area with lots and I mean lots of people inside. By this time, I was already too full and can't stuff in anything anymore. However, by the time I saw the Nasi Lemak that they are selling, I couldn't stop myself from getting one. It looks too tasty and irresistible. And I'm grateful that I got one. It was delicious.

Klebang Coconut Shake
Klebang Coconut Shake

Irresistible Nasi Lemak
Irresistible Nasi Lemak

Address:
Klebang Original Coconut Shake
Jalan Klebang,
75250, Melaka.
GPS coordinate2.216400, 102.204867

After all the great food, we went for a 'Beach Stop' at Klebang Beach. It was really a great view there and windy too by the time we reached. We even lined up all our Nissan Almera on the beach for some photo taking session.

Nice view at Klebang Beach
Nice view at Klebang Beach

Nissan Almera Beach Stop
Nissan Almera Beach Stop

Finally, after the stopping by at the beach, it's time for food again! Dinner time at Ria Seaview Village. It was already dark when we were heading to the restaurant. When we turned on the headlights, we were greeted by a nice looking dashboard.

Nice Dashboard

When we reached the restaurant, everyone rushed into the restaurant. However, it wasn't because we were hungry. It was because everyone needs to rush to the washroom haha. When the dishes came out, I was too busy eating and thus forgot to take picture of some of the dishes :p.

So here's the list of the dishes instead.
1. Baby Kailan
2. Marmite Chicken
3. Butter Prawns
4. Deep Fried Sotong
5. Nyonya Style Ikan Talapia
6. Sizzling Tau Foo

Deep Fried Sotong
Deep Fried Sotong
Nyonya style Ikan Talapia
Nyonya style Ikan Talapia

Address:
Ria Seaview Village
90 – 92, Jalan Toman 5,
Kemayan Square,
70200 Seremban,
Negeri Sembilan.
GPS coordinate2.719929, 101.924200

After the dinner, it's time to head home. Some of us went back separately so we arrived at different time. Overall, it was a nice event and I think the Nissan Almera is a pretty good car and definitely staying in my consideration list. Love the keyless entry, the electronic start stop button for the engine and its spaciousness.

Here's the pricing details for those who interested:-

Grade
Variant
Price (RM)
E
1.5 A/T
66,800.00
1.5 M/T
69,800.00
V
1.5 A/T
76,800.00
VL
1.5 A/T
79,800.00

Finally, thanks Nissan for the invites and I really enjoyed myself that whole day :
)

1 comment: